He saw the ocean Layout

This was the layout I completed last Friday at Create Scrapbooks show , if you want to see the recording its HERE.

I used the June kit from Sweet Peach Crop and kites2fly from Stamps of Life. And Pink Paislee embellishment.

I listening to Paperclipping Roundtable today, and I so agree with discussion,  they were talking about pretty layouts and layouts that maybe are simple but tell the story, I have to warn people that my layouts will never be heavy in embelies, because layouts to me are about telling the story, the stories for my son doesn't matter if he will read or not but thats why I make them for. I enjoy doing them and play with papers but layouts are not my outlet for creativity. I like to do cards, mixed media and sewing to relax and express that. I'm not against in any means I love to look at pretty artistic layouts, just this is not my objective with mine. If you're never listened to Paperclipping Roundtable you should is a great podcast.

As always thanks for stopping by
Jana

3 comments:

Elena said...

I agree with you, Jana - layouts should tell the story. When you create it you try to save memories of events that are important or you don't want to forget. So when our kids will grow they can see and remember it. This kind of scrapbooking is a life story!

Connie's Place said...

The things you make are so inspiring to me!!! Your are an awesome artist :) Thank you for sharing your talents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rita said...

What a great layout & fabulous way to tell your story! You are such an inspiration to us all Jana...I luv your style!